Sr. Analyst, Financial Crimes and Identity
About the role
As an Analyst in Chime’s, Identity & KYC, Financial Crimes and Identity Team you’ll work with a team of top-tier experts who own Chime’s Customer Identification Program to ensure a seamless member onboarding experience while detecting synthetic identity, stolen identity, and more. You will partner with your teammates, Product, Compliance, Analytics, External Vendors, and many more teams to foster and optimize Chime’s Identity Verification program end to end, including Customer Identification, Due Diligence, Fraudulent Account Detection and Investigation, and Enhanced Due Diligence.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $92,520 and up to $128,600. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role you can expect to
- Working on engagements related to BSA, AML, OFAC, KYC and all other laws, regulations, and requirements crafted to establish processes to detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, sanctions breaches and other financial crimes
- Partner with key cross-functional teams (e.g. FinCrimes Insights, Engineering, and Product, and Member Services) to champion the KYC/Identity program and ensure its effective implementation through dashboarding and control monitoring
- Work closely with third-party vendors to implement and optimize Identity Verification solutions by supporting your teammates with analytics and key insights (e.g. KYC Scorecard rule-building and testing, ScanID tooling, Customer Risk Rating)
- Assist with the development of the Customer Risk Rating methodology in partnership with KYC Execution leads, and support case management improvements
- Assess and complete any remediation plans from KYC/Identity related audits and inspections from external parties including regulators, and ensuring findings are remediated appropriately
- Propose improvements and ensure alignment with our banking partners by developing innovative and risk-based strategies to prevent bad actors while handling operational costs
- Support reviews of accounts and intelligence sent by fraud, law enforcement and other agencies to determine if there is an opportunity to strengthen Chime’s defenses and/or engage with banking partners
- Partner with teammates in strategy and execution to develop automation of Identity & KYC alert and case review processes (e.g. automation of L1 review summary)
To thrive in this role you have:
- 3+ years of Financial Crimes or other relevant experience including AML, KYC, Sanctions Screening and/or Fraud, especially in online-only account opening products
- Intermediate to advanced experience in SQL, as well as experience with dashboarding tools like Looker (preferred) and Tableau
- General understanding and/or experience with Model Governance and Compliance Testing
- Experience working closely with identity verification vendor platforms
- Experience working closely with fraud application detection strategies and scoring logic
- Knowledge of red flag indicators and typologies used in online and mobile environments for Chime products
- Experience working at a hands-on level with engineers, product managers, data analysts, and operations analysts in building AML processes and systems (e.g. case management)
- Experience collaborating with internal senior management and third-party partners
- Excellent writing, analytical, and executive communication skills
- Functional programming experience with Python, R, etc. to build statistical models is a plus and dynamic customer risk rating applications
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification strongly preferred
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.