AML Senior Associate
About the Role
We are hiring a Senior AML Governance and Assurance Associate in Chime’s Financial Crimes and Identity function. In this role, you’ll be joining our fast-growing compliance team by designing and implementing monitoring, testing, and oversight of the Financial Crime & Identity programs. You will use sound judgment, innovative thinking, and collaborative decision making working closely with both internal and external risk, legal, and member services teams to ensure regulatory risk mitigation via program control oversight and policy testing. You will report to the Senior Manager of AML Advisory Services, and will be responsible for execution of compliance related reviews and program development. Together, you will work with the Financial Crimes & Identity team to build and execute processes, protocols, and tools to protect our business as we continue to grow the culture of compliance at Chime!
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $103,680 and up to $144,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Maintain AML policies and procedures, manage AML program requirements including annual AML independent review and compliance with AML employee training.
- Manage bank and regulatory supervisory reviews, related AML matters, provide key findings and theme reporting to management, and share intel and regulatory trends with Legal, GAPA, and remaining Compliance teams on regulatory hot spots.
- Conduct periodic AML/OFAC and identity theft risk assessments. Manage, track and report on AML Compliance risk events resolution. Work closely with Legal, Compliance Governance and Assurance, FinCrimes Operations, Risk, Product, and Member Experience teams to develop a risk mitigation plan and ensure AML regulatory compliance issues are successfully resolved.
- Assist in performing compliance-related investigations, program policy and limit testing, and gap analysis.
- Conduct monitoring and testing of AML and financial crimes related controls and oversee control enhancements.
- Assess and execute on any remediation plans proposed by business stakeholders if violations or exceptions are identified, and conduct reviews and queries of Chime’s internal systems and databases.
- Contribute to compliance management reports to keep senior management and stakeholders aware of compliance issues and trends.
To thrive in this role, you have
- BA or BS degree; MBA or other advanced graduate degree a plus
- 8+ years of Financial Crimes experience
- Working at a hands-on level cross functionally, especially with legal, consumer compliance, product, engineering, data analysts, operations, and bank partners.
- Have a proven track record of driving alignment across multiple levels of the organization with diverse perspectives
- Experience working at a hands-on level with other groups like engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in building operations processes and systems
- Demonstrated conflict management and negotiation skills, including ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Ability to work effectively in an asynchronous, distributed team environment as well as accomplish work assignments under minimal supervision and sometimes tight deadlines
- ACAMSs Certified
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.