About the role
Chime is looking for engineers to join our multifaceted and fast growing team, where you will work on APIs that power our member facing products and iterate on our banking platform. You will own projects from end-to-end by influencing architecture, implementing APIs and maintaining the ongoing health of the code.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $119,000 and up to $232,200. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale backend implementations of new and existing consumer product features
- Work with the mobile team to design and build strong, resilient APIs that propel our mobile app
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to understand member struggles and come up with creative solutions
- Proactively find opportunities for improving the reliability and scalability of our systems
- Work across the engineering team to improve and uphold high technical standards
To thrive in this role, you have
- 2+ years developing software in a production environment at scale
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or comparable frameworks
- Experience working with transactional databases and caching systems
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- An appreciation of maintainable and well-tested code
- A desire to learn and dive into the deepest levels of how things work
- Start-up experience as an added plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?