Senior Manager, Complaints
About the role
As Chime continues to grow its business, we’re scaling and formalizing processes related to complaint handling and reporting across our platform. The Sr. Manager, Complaints will report to the Consumer Response Director and will be responsible for leading the operational tasks, strategic vision, and development of the Consumer Response team. This can include complaint handling procedures, tracking of complaints and scaling efforts, developing workflows and tooling, as well as working directly with Bank Partners.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $146,610 and up to $207,700. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Oversee a portion of the Consumer Response team at Chime. Help further develop a high-performing team while executing against key company goals
- Manage the scaling of operations related to the consumer response growth. Including developing processes and procedures and ensuring they can be executed with minimal oversight.
- Become a subject matter expert and understand relationships with our partner banks, and third-party vendors to ensure complaint trends and issues are being ingested and acted on.
- Understand the complaint handling requirements that are required to satisfy, and partner with your cross functional team to develop strategies to support the most efficient implementation of those requirements
- Work across the organization to develop remediation plans and timelines for corrective action when exceptions or violations are identified
- Microsoft Office, G Suite, and CRM experience necessary. Looker and SQL experience a plus
To thrive in this role you
- Have a minimum of 5+ years of experience required in financial services, preferably in compliance, fraud, dispute, risk management, and/or audit roles
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing projects and creating process workflows
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exercise sound judgment in the development of solutions for a dynamic and innovative business
- Possess outstanding communication skills; you are able to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Have the ability to work independently and flexibly while ensuring appropriate transparency and escalation when necessary
- Want to work for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors, including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service no no
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, and Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?