Vendor Growth Manager
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
Our organization is built to perform and is equipped with the resources and people needed to win. Our regional team in London is no exception. We’re looking for ambitious talent to help us expand our impact on the region even further. Known as the Vendor Growth team you will report to Constanze Baumgart, Team Lead and Alex Kiely, General Manager (see his journey here) supported by a team of 17 people in the London office!
As a culture-first company, we believe in the power of in-person collaboration (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position.
What you’ll do
The Vendor Growth Team at Choco strives to ensure vendor success throughout the partnership lifecycle, starting from onboarding and product implementation all the way to long-term growth. You will independently manage the execution of deals and partnerships that we’ve closed with vendors.
- Manage and own the execution of premium vendor partnerships being directly responsible for the revenue generated from each deal
- Support vendor sales managers as they enter the negotiation stage and take ownership of the relationship once commercial agreements have been signed; you will be the daily point of contact to set up the partnership for success
- Prepare and lead training for new partners to ensure a seamless onboarding process
- Work closely with and guide the restaurant sales team as they set up vendors’ buyers on Choco
- Liaising between your partners and cross-functional internal teams, such as integrations, to ensure timely delivery of our solutions according to our partners’ needs
- Share vendor learnings and feedback with the product and marketing team to help drive activities towards acquisition and engagement
What we’re looking for
- 2 years experience in a project management role, working with both internal and external stakeholders
- You work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and are comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt quickly to changes in priorities and goals
- You are a natural communicator who thrives off of building relationships and is comfortable communicating complex technical solutions
- You are able to understand a problem, get the crux of an issue quickly and implement solutions proactively
- You have a can-do attitude, are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done with the motivation to always improve and grow for yourself and the team
- You have strong attention to detail, set and maintain high standards
- As a team player, you have a team-first mentality and understand the importance of collaboration to achieve success
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?