Portfolio Sales Manager
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
Our Operations organization is built to perform and equipped with the resources and people needed to win. Our regional team in London is no exception. We’re looking for ambitious Sales talent to help us expand our impact on the region even further. Known internally as the Buyer team you will report to our General Manager Alex Kiely and our Team Lead Eddy Josset - supported by a team of 17 people in the London office!
As a culture-first company, we believe in the power of in-person collaboration (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a hands-on Portfolio Sales Manager who wants to support us in scaling our user base with a focus on growth (via sales) and retention. This is a unique opportunity where you can combine your drive for sales with an interest in building long-lasting relationships. The role is a hybrid with 65% focused on sales/growth and 35% on retention and managing accounts.
- Identify opportunities, converting leads to increase sales and revenue via up-selling / cross-selling onto our Premium platform.
- Take ownership of the sales cycle, sales funnel and leads, to maximise revenue.
- Autonomously manage a portfolio of restaurant accounts and drive adoption of Choco to prevent churn and maximise usage of the app at each location.
- Analyse trends in user behaviour to prioritise actions and make data-based decisions to find the best way to achieve your personal and team KPIs.
- Act as the voice of our users internally, while working cross-functionally with Sales, Operations, Vendor Management, and Product to be able to provide strategic input.
What we’re looking for
- 1 - 3 years experience working within sales and want to continue building their career in this field.
- Ideally, experience working in SaaS sales and/or B2B environments.
- Driven by speaking to multiple audiences, taking an outbound approach.
- Experience within a high-volume environment - this role is very hands-on, but equally rewarding.
- You are motivated by being in a fast-paced / high-performing environment.
- You have a genuine interest in the problem we are solving - you are adaptable and can put yourself in the shoes of a super famous Chef or a Kebab shop owner as well as a charming little Italian restaurant.
- Strong organisational skills with a solution-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset.
- You take ownership and can drive great results.
Please note that we are now looking to grow our team from September 2023!
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?