To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably, and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and - here comes the big one - less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to learn more about #LifeatChoco? Take a look behind the scenes: bit.ly/3sD7tYK
Meet your team
- You will be joining the collaborative and inventive Global Workplace team. The objective of this role is to support an inclusive and outstanding workplace that aligns with Choco’s culture and mission, and to hold down the Chicago office by solving office problems as they arise. It is a great opportunity to learn from a team that works closely together to create a seamless and cohesive Choco experience in all of our locations.
As a culture-first company, we believe in the power of in-person collaboration. We look forward to working with you from our office in Chicago.
What you’ll do
- Help set up & automate local processes (events, office onboarding, invoicing, office /equipment orders)
- Responsible for all the purchases in the office (beverages, fruits, office supplies, etc.)
- Be an operational all-rounder, ensuring a high level of administrative support is provided to all the Chocorians in your region
- Build and manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlords, including budget control and contract negotiation.
- Manage our Choco Anniversary program to ensure our Chocorians receive the proper recognition & celebration for their tenure.
- Assist with travel arrangements and group bookings
What we’re looking for
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role, working with complex workflows and high-volume projects
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong team player, fostering collaboration with internal & external stakeholders
- Organizational, time-keeping skills, and individually prioritize tasks of competing priorities
- Analytical, data-driven and problem solving skills; Excel proficiency is critical
- Creative and able to think outside of the box
- Proven experience in positively influencing employee engagement in high-growth environments
- Detail oriented with a true sense of ownership
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?