Sr Cloud Infrastructure Engineer- Remote
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
About the Team
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team builds and manages the foundational blocks of ClickHouse Cloud data plane end-to-end. This includes compute, networking, security, and a multi-cloud, multi-region architecture that provides a reliable and scalable managed ClickHouse experience for ClickHouse Cloud customers. Our team is looking for highly skilled and experienced cloud infrastructure software engineers to join our team, who will be responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining our infrastructure.
What will you do?
- Architect and build a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure.
- Build a cutting-edge cloud-native platform on top of the public cloud, and automate our cloud resource management.
- Work closely with our ClickHouse core database development team, and security team and partner with them to produce the SAS offering.
- Work on routing and traffic components to improve the reliability and scalability of our cloud service.
- Systematically improve availability by applying industry and distributed systems best practices.
- Design and build security components & tooling: firewall, PKI and certificate infra, zero trust network, etc.
- Improve performance and cost efficiency of our infrastructure.
- You have 5+ years of relevant software development industry experience building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
- Software development experience in Go, C/C++, Java, or similar.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP, including infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience developing cloud infrastructure services, preferably with Kubernetes.
- Experience with ClickHouse.
- Experience developing cloud native edge or service mesh services, preferably with envoy and Istio.
- Experience leading and shipping large scope technical projects in collaboration with multiple experienced engineers.
- Understanding of network topologies, protocols, and security principles, such as VPNs, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices, including encryption, access controls, and compliance standards like SOC2 and GDPR.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and across engineering teams.
- You are a strong problem solver and have solid production debugging skills.
- You are passionate about efficiency, availability, scalability and data governance.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, and see yourself as a partner with the business with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
- You have a high level of responsibility, ownership, and accountability
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!