Senior Software Engineer - Integrations (Remote)
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
About the Team
Our Integrations Team is a high-visibility engineering team that's integral to the growth of our company and the success of our clients. This team provides an outstanding opportunity to re-imagine, redesign, and apply technology to add value to the business and operations. You will work with a team of developers to design and implement responsive and scalable cloud-based services that power our beloved technology.
Our team is looking for exceptional software engineers to join at this exciting time. An ideal candidate is comfortable learning and working with different technologies, excels at creative problem-solving, communicates well, and can handle a high-paced environment, focusing on integrating with other systems. This team works across multiple platforms and teams collaboratively to get the technical solutions implemented. You will help lead integration sessions with our customers and partners to derive the entities, attributes, and relationships required to implement and scale. You will also contribute to ClickPipes, our continuous data ingestion pipeline service for ClickHouse Cloud.
Some of our integrations process tens of millions of events per second!
What will you do?
- Design and develop a high-performance data onboarding platform that can handle large volumes of data in real-time
- Build integrations with various data sources (such as Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis), data storages (such as Snowflake, Redshift, ClickHouse), object storages (S3, GCS) and others
- Create solutions that enable users to take full advantage of ClickHouse's excellent performance and throughput
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that the platform meets the needs of our customers and aligns with our business objectives
- 5+ years of relevant software development industry experience building data-intensive software solutions
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices architecture
- Strong knowledge of Golang and experience with its ecosystem
- Experience with streaming data processing frameworks such as Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis or others
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS or GCP
- Experience with containerization technologies, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and across engineering teams
- You are a strong problem-solver and have solid production debugging skills
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
If you have any questions or comments about compensation as a candidate, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.