Senior Support Engineer - United States (remote)
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
What you will be doing:
We are currently growing our support engineering organization to continue providing excellent service to our customers around the world. As part of such a still relatively small team, we hope to find you ready to take on a large variety of tasks, from handling support tickets to community support, helping our sales colleagues with deeply technical aspects of PoCs, but also suggesting tooling and implementing improvements to how we do things in Support at ClickHouse. This is a great opportunity for someone ready to roll up their sleeves and build our future!
We are currently hiring for this role in The United States. Your exact location does not matter; the role is not office-based.
Examples of projects you might contribute to:
- Create tooling to allow us to easily replicate issues or bug that customers might encounter
- Building and maintaining diagnostic tool to standardize how we are collecting informations about customer’s deployments
- Design and help implementing a powerful knowledge base to help our customers using our product
And of course:
- You will deliver excellent customer service as a front-line engineer and representative of ClickHouse. Our Support Engineers provide professional response and guidance within the required Service Level Agreement ("SLA") on technical cases that are opened via a ticketing system, email, Slack, and/or phone.
- You build strong, trusted relationships with colleagues, customers, and partners.
What you bring along:
- Proven experience and excellence within a technical support organization
- Technical breadth and depth in relevant subjects, such as ClickHouse DBMS or similar data stores, OLAP, Cloud/SaaS platforms, distributed systems, Linux/Unix, Kubernetes and containers, System or Network Administration
- Be present and available according to the scheduling required to deliver high-quality 24x7 Support in a global, distributed environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a mindset of teamwork, global engagement, empathy, and solving challenging problems
- A sense of adventure and urgency in building the most scalable, high performing, largest, and fastest databases on the planet
- Self-driven, curious, and eager to continuously learn and grow
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with software developers, product managers, teachers, consultants, account representatives, and an open source Community to deliver an amazing user and customer experience
- Passion for applying open-source software technology to massive data sets in order to solve complex questions and improve the world in which we live
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
If you have any questions or comments about compensation as a candidate, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.