Account Executive - Western US
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. That's why we created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Our Account Executives target and close new business with some of today’s most innovative companies. In this role, you’ll both nurture inbound leads in your territory with marketing-led support as well as prospect into a target list of select accounts. You will do this by driving opportunities through the entire sales cycle from pipeline generation to closure, employing a value-oriented sales methodology with a focus on use cases spanning customer data and marketing activation. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion for becoming an expert in CockroachDB’s product capabilities, business impact, and competitive advantages and loves to build long-lasting relationships with customer needs at the center. Location is flexible for this role but you must be based on the West Coast of the US to be eligible.
- Close new logos and expand existing business within an assigned territory, meeting and exceeding sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Sales Development, Legal, Engineering, Security, Marketing, Product) to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles
- Maintain, build and own specific relationship maps for your territory, including existing relationships and aspirational contacts
- Lead compelling presentations of CockroachDB’s product and vision to a broad range of audiences, from c-level executives to individual contributors
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and will be able to pitch the product proficiently. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts and grasp the sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have built cross-functional relationships and will have started building your strategy for account penetration.
After three months, you'll have a sound plan for account strategy and mapping. You have started building relationships with several leaders across your region and are beginning to understand their challenges and how CockroachDB can help solve them.
After six months, you will have 3x your quota in pipeline and will have at least 3 POCs in process.
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise solutions and demonstrated success in software sales within the database ecosystem or adjacent technologies
- Experience leading large and complex sales cycles within the C-Level at Fortune 500 companies
- A consultative and value-based approach to selling software for cloud, on-premise and hybrid deployments
- The ability to assess customer needs and build valuable, trusted relationships at all levels
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Expert time management and resource skills
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible PTO & Flexible Hours
- Learning & Development Budget
- Relocation Support (as applicable)
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $120,000 to $150,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.