Senior Technical Support Engineer - Bangalore,India
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We're looking for a Technical Support Engineer to help us make CockroachDB easy for our customers and open source users.
You must be based in Bangalore, India to be considered for this position.
- Provide extraordinary service for both our open source users and Enterprise customers across our various support channels: chat, forum, Github, and phone.
- Develop deep technical expertise in CRDB and accompanying technologies.
- Recognize patterns among user issues, and suggest ways to improve our product and offerings.
- Partner with our Documentation, Product, Sales, and Engineering teams to guide those improvements.
- Help develop and iterate on our support processes and systems.
In your first 30 days, you will have completed onboarding, and have developed enough expertise to begin assisting users directly. During this time, you will familiarize yourself with CockroachDB, our customers, and our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You'll be able to manage most issues from customers, and will be able to contribute to improving the scope and quality of our offerings.
As our team and your expertise grow, you’ll begin mentoring and training new members of the team, developing and updating training and documentation to ensure that knowledge is not lost.
- A passion for working with users directly and know how to adjust the tone and content of a message, so it's well received.
- A natural knack for collaboratively crafting solutions with users and colleagues.
- Excitement about working with a growing list of Enterprise customers, and can provide the polish expected by Fortune 500 companies.
- A take charge attitude where you can anticipate issues and ensure resolution to technical issues that come your way.
- Familiarity with, or are willing to learn about, the various technologies that make web-scale applications function.
- Experience creating order out of chaos, and are excited to tackle the unique challenges of teams face in their early stages.
- The ability to absorb information. You love getting into the weeds technically, but don't let that distract you from achieving your end goals.
- You are a systems thinker and critical thinker, with experience solving problems at their root cause.
- 4-8 years of experience working in technical support at a software company.
Reporting to Matthew Vardi - Technical Support Manager
For over 4 years, Matt has been a dedicated member of the team at Cockroach Labs, where he has honed his skills in creative problem-solving in a fast-growing environment. He holds a degree in computer science that has been instrumental in his professional growth. Matt’s technical expertise, coupled with his customer-centric approach, allows him to lead diverse teams effectively and foster a collaborative environment. Matt thrives in dynamic settings, can adapt to various cultures and is committed to providing outstanding customer experiences. Beyond his work, he has an interesting background that includes serving in the Israeli Defense Forces for 3 years. Now based in New York City, he enjoys exploring the city, discovering new restaurants, and indulging in video games
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible time off & flexible hours