Senior Marketing Operations Manager - New York, NY
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. That's why we created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
The Marketing Operations team is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and analytical individual to join our team. As our Senior Marketing Operations Manager, you’ll work closely with members of the Marketing, Revenue and Data teams. You will be responsible for measuring and analyzing both upper and lower funnel marketing tactics, with a strong focus on business outcomes. You will use your excellent analytics expertise, coupled with your marketing systems knowledge to drive analytic insights and data-driven decisions for Cockroach Labs. To be eligible for this role, you must be located in New York, NY.
- Develop and implement data-driven marketing analytics strategies, with operationalized reporting, to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and their contribution to pipeline growth, providing optimization recommendations
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and work strategically with various internal teams to identify, troubleshoot and resolve campaign/martech/integration issues & make proactive recommendations for process improvements
- Uncover major storylines and themes from your data analysis, making actionable recommendations to your Marketing teammates for how to optimize their tactics
- Develop strategic reports and dashboards for Marketing and Revenue leadership from disparate data sets, in order to diagnose any potential problems in our marketing funnel
- Analyze and optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes in partnership with operations and channel leaders to systematically improve quality, velocity, and conversion rates
- Document & maintain best practices guides and checklists to share across the team and company to enable your talented teammates
In your first 30 days, you will assess where we are with our data analytics effort and where we need to be. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team and will take the lead on our data analytics tooling, dashboards and optimize how we centralize data. You will own our BI reporting (Looker) and support leadership with critical analysis and recommendations that will make a material impact on how the Marketing team impacts company revenue. By this point, you will start to provide marketing operations consulting, strategic advice, and support to leaders across the team.
- 5-7+ years of marketing operations or similar experience with 3+ years experience working for or in a B2B enterprise go-to-market tech company
- Extensive experience with Marketo or comparable marketing automation tools and Salesforce
- Experience with consumer data platforms such as Segment
- Experience with marketing attribution vendors such as Bizible
- Experience with ABM platforms such as 6Sense
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker
- Knowledgeable about data warehouses
- An understanding of SQL
- An entrepreneurial self-starter attitude, hungry for new opportunities and you’re a proactive communicator
- The ability to work independently, multi-task and respond to requests in a timely manner. You must also have the ability to adapt to changing business needs – be flexible and have the ability to think quickly and outside of the box
Reporting to Kayla Brynes - Manager, Marketing Programs
Kayla has been working in marketing for 10+ years. She began her career in industrial manufacturing, then discovered the exciting world of tech marketing and hasn’t looked back! She has experience in events, demand gen and has a passion for marketing operations. Kayla is incredibly grateful to be a part of the Cockroach Labs team as we help companies, “Scale fast. Survive anything. Thrive everywhere.” When she’s not working, you can find her working out, hiking, hanging out with her family (including their dog!) or cheering for her beloved UNC Tar Heels.
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $115,000 to $145,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.