Sales Engineer, Central US
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking to grow our rapidly expanding sales engineering team. As a Sales Engineer, you will help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners and provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations. To be eligible for this role, you must be based in the Central US and will be covering midwest accounts.
- Work alongside the sales team to introduce CockroachDB to our potential customers. As a trusted advisor, you will help educate prospects on the unique capabilities of CockroachDB and design solutions to meet a wide variety of challenges.
- Lead product and solution briefings, build proof-of-concepts (POC), run live product demos, and prototype CockroachDB integrations.
- Partner with Cockroach Labs product management, engineering and support teams to solve customer challenges and improve CockroachDB.
- Identify and address customers' key technical objections and develop the engineering strategies strategy to resolve those blockers to adoption.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in CockroachDB and our sales motion. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our company, technology and message.
During this time you will be an active listener on customer calls and build relationships with various teams at Cockroach Labs. As you gain confidence in the message and technology, you will be called upon to lead meetings with support from the team.
After 3 months, you should be ready to lead customer meetings without support and conduct POCs. You should be working closely with Account Managers in your territory to build regional go to market strategies and account plans for key prospects.
- 10-12+ years of prior experience collecting requirements, developing solution architectures, leading presentations and teaching prospective users or project teams how to use software similar to CockroachDB.
- Developed software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems in the past and want to stay close to the code.
- A passion for working on complex technical problems and have a strong understanding of modern infrastructure and database technologies.
- A strong ability to build relationships with our partners, customers, and open-source users.
- A collaborative spirit and enjoy making sure that each team gets customer feedback to keep improving CockroachDB.
- The flexibility to travel to meet customers, attend events or conferences or wherever the work takes you.
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Budget
- Relocation Support (as applicable)