Senior Product Manager, Disaster Recovery - New York, NY
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB. Our mission is to be the trusted global database to run mission-critical applications for the world's most important businesses. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database.
About the Role
CockroachDB handles the most critical data for the most demanding and advanced customers worldwide. But what happens when something goes wrong, like a cloud outage or human error? Enter disaster recovery. CockroachDB offers a best-in-class and differentiated disaster recovery tool suite that allows customers to configure and choose their desired Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
We seek an experienced Product Manager to own the overall disaster recovery strategy, lead the roadmap, and drive consumption across our DBaaS and self-hosted offerings. You will partner closely with the Disaster Recovery Engineering team to execute your strategy. You will act as a “general manager” of disaster recovery products, including leading the pricing, packaging, and product-line segmentation. Your work will make operators at the world’s largest enterprises feel confident using CockroachDB to store their mission-critical data while driving revenue to Cockroach Labs.
- Ensure that our customers can flexibly utilize the best-in-class disaster recovery capabilities to configure and achieve their RPO and RTO goals.
- Devise the appropriate pricing, packaging, and product segmentation for disaster recovery products, collaborating with product marketing, finance, and revenue.
- Collaborate with our Disaster Recovery engineering team to build and deliver tooling required to support our overall roadmap that aligns with our ideal customer profile.
- Make Disaster Recovery a differentiator for CockroachDB using market positioning, reference architectures, and thought leadership to enhance our ability to become the leading partner of choice for mission-critical data.
In the first 30-60 days, you will go through PM onboarding with your onboarding mentor (Roachmate). You will familiarize yourself with the current state of our disaster recovery capabilities and how they address customers’ disaster recovery journey and process. You will create Cloud clusters, and try out the core features, to get a sense of the end-to-end experience for yourself. You’ll review our current backlog, get up to speed on in-flight features, and understand today's most pressing customer problems.
After 90 days, you will be fully integrated into the team. You will conduct customer calls and work with our internal account teams to understand core customer problems. There are countless opportunities for us to invest in. You will prioritize the ones that exceed our customers’ expectations and allow them to seamlessly integrate CockroachDB into their operations without worrying about recovering from disasters. As the owner of an integral part of our customer and product growth, you will be an important advisor to senior members of our team as we determine how disaster recovery capabilities can support and accelerate our growth. You will also be expected to partner with our Sales team and meet with our most important customers and their operating teams.
- A computer science degree and/or first-hand experience building products focused on disaster recovery, infrastructure, databases, or products with high data criticality
- 5+ years of total work experience with enterprise or SaaS products
- Delivered successful customer-facing products or features by partnering with senior Engineering teams
- Background working directly with medium-sized to large enterprises to understand and address problems, set proper timelines and expectations around feature delivery to internal stakeholders and external teams
- Experience driving business results through influential communication and cross-functional stakeholder management
- A collaborative approach and an eagerness to partner with other product teams and all other functions in the company, such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, and Sales
Nice to Have
- An MBA and/or experience working with business stakeholders (e.g., Finance, Revenue)
Reporting to Andy Woods - Director of PM, Application and Database Ecosystems
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Budget
- Relocation Support (as applicable)
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $135,000 to $190,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.