Senior Field Marketing Manager, APAC - Bangalore, India
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, high-energy Field Marketing Manager to join the new and expanding Cockroach Labs team in APAC. You would be the first Marketing hire in the region and your goal will be to generate demand and fuel pipeline coverage across the region with a focus on India, whilst driving customer advocacy and raising brand awareness. You will leverage your expertise to plan, manage and run high-impact demand generation marketing programs including, events and webinars, account-based marketing, partner marketing, vertical-specific campaigns, and more. This is a great opportunity to use and develop a broad skillset and make a big impact within our high-growth organization.
- Define, build and execute marketing programs to help create pipeline and accelerate the sales cycle in line with business goals and regional revenue targets.
- Work closely with the Sales teams to understand pipeline needs and develop specific account-based marketing campaigns.
- Understand the customer landscape, use cases and successes, and develop customer advocacy through customer speakers for events/webinars, case studies, blogs and more.
- Collaborate with Channel Partners, build relationships and run co-marketing activity.
- Align with the Marketing team in EMEA and US to leverage online advertising, messaging, content, and campaigns, feed regional market insights and developments back to product and content marketing.
- Manage program spend and own campaign ROI tracking and development, sharing results and recommendations with the wider marketing team.
In your first 30 days, you will assess where we need to be with our field marketing programs in India / APAC.You will meet with the sales team to understand their goals and strategy and start to build a plan and take ownership of activity. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will develop and own field marketing programs for the region. You will align with the marketing team in EMEA / US and the local sales team and roll out demand gen activity and develop and promote customer advocates.
- 6+ years of experience in managing and executing regional marketing for a similar, with a strong track record in demand generation.
- 5+ years of marketing for B2B high-tech products/solutions
- Exceptional organization and ability to juggle many projects at one time
- Willingness to travel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Reporting to Ben Ross, Senior Director of Marketing
Based in the UK Ben has 20+ years of experience in B2B tech marketing, having started out at Oracle he went onto lead EMEA and APAC marketing for a number of start ups and high growth companies, such as MessageLabs (acquired by Symantec), Websense (acquired by Vista), and Zscaler (IPO). Ben loves the challenge of building brands, generating demand in new and early stage markets and regions as well as building and leading high performing teams. Outside of work Ben likes to spend time with his family, he tries his best to stop his golf handicap from rising, in recent years he got back into windsurfing and is an avid military history reader.
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Budget
- Relocation Support (as applicable)