Senior Partner Marketing Manager - Austin, TX
What you build and where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Senior Partner Marketing Manager to join our new Center of Excellence in Austin, Texas. While this role is a marketing function, it is directly aligned and integral to the business development and sales teams and has a primary focus on helping to drive revenue from partner channels. As Partner Marketing Manager, you would be responsible for establishing partner marketing strategies, program management of campaigns, creating and maintaining a bill of materials for partner marketing program. You will manage and coordinate resources across internal and external teams to drive results from partner marketing programs and will serve as a valuable resource to our partners.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of databases and/or developer tools and will have proven experience building relationships with external resources. To be eligible for this role, you must be based in Austin, TX and will be expected to go into the office Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays.
- Identify and create joint message with partner organizations that demonstrates the value of a joint solution with Cockroach Labs
- Work with partners to identify opportunities to drive joint demand and awareness for CockroachDB
- Work with the partner team to define and build out an automated and scalable partner program, including a partner registration and partner portal
- Spearhead field enablement initiatives for partners that will help them learn about CockroachDB and help them sell
- Establish and measure key performance indicators to track partner engagement and relationships
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in our market and product, CockroachDB so you can gain proficiency in your communications. You will go through our current sales onboarding program and reflect on areas where it can improve. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to observe enablement programs currently in place and become familiar with our company, technology, and message.
During this time, you will build relationships with various teams at Cockroach Labs. You will work closely with the revenue team, product, and marketing to further grasp our current partners, product, sales approach, and customers. As you gain confidence in the message and technology, you will be called upon to begin developing materials for the partner team.
After 3 months, you should be ready to make an impact on our revenue organization through partner engagement and enablement.
- 6-8+ years marketing experience at a SaaS company
- Understanding of developer tools and/or database technologies
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams
- Proven capability to create compelling marketing communications
- Great organizational skills and excel with logistics
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in related field
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off
- Relocation support (as applicable)
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $125,000 to $170,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.