Technical Program Manager
Do you excel at driving operations at scale? Are you anticipating the needs of customers and driving process improvements to ensure their success? Are you passionate about the cloud and building relationships across organizations? If you are, then join us on the cutting edge at Databricks!
We're building a team of passionate Technical Program Managers to create and guide processes across our Engineering organization. You'll cultivate and expand our relationships with the largest cloud computing providers and building the foundations for the Databricks customer experience. Your responsibilities will be to work with our engineering teams and cloud partners to ensure Databricks solutions are engineered for reliability, scalability, and security - all while keeping operations top of mind. You'll guide the direction of a cross-cloud program, set engineering goals and launch programs at scale. You'll be front and center of organizing controls, governance and standards across our infrastructure to achieve product stability and at least four nines of uptime. You'll be reporting to a Technical Program Leader working across multiple time-zones, seeing around corners to identify blockers, and ensuring needs are balanced against technical requirements.
Databricks is looking for a top tier Staff Technical Program Manager with a passion for process improvement and project management. You will focus on running end-to-end processes for the engineering org, process improvements focused on cost and lifecycle changes across products. You will be hands-on in the execution of large scale projects as well as think strategically about how to improve day to day operations. This role will report into the R&D Operations team, which is part of the engineering org.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of technical program/project/relationship management experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (EE, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to complete projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Experience defining projects, identifying risks, managing cost, coordinating scope, identifying dependencies, scheduling and deploying new products and features
- Experience creating and cascading processes through an organization
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience using Jira
- University or advanced technical degree
- Knowledge of product development process (PDP) and lifecycle
- Experience with large scale software and cloud native infrastructure
- Previous hardware or software development experience is a plus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Life Insurance
- Equity Awards
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work Headphone Reimbursement
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.