Senior Delivery Solutions Engineer
At Databricks we are on a mission to empower our customers to solve the world's toughest data problems by utilising the Data Intelligence Platform. As a Senior Delivery Solutions Engineer (Sr DSE), you will play an important role during this journey.
You will collaborate with our sales and field engineering teams to accelerate the adoption and growth of the Databricks platform in your accounts. You will help ensure customer success by increasing focus and technical accountability to our most complex customers who need guidance to accelerate usage on Databricks workloads that they have already selected.
This is a hybrid technical and commercial role. It is commercial in the sense that you will own and drive growth in your assigned customers and use cases through leading your customers' stakeholders, owning executive relationships and creating and driving plans and strategies for Databricks colleagues to build upon. This is in parallel to being technical, with expectations being that you become the post-sale technical lead across all Databricks products. This requires you to use your skills and technical credibility to engage and communicate at all levels with an organisation.
You will report directly to the Senior Manager for Delivery Solutions Architects in the region as part of the Field Engineering organisation.
The impact you will have:
- Assist strategic customers in deploying or migrating their use cases and workloads into production on Databricks Lakehouse, leading the post-win technical account strategy/execution plan
- Be the accountable technical leader assigned to specific Use Cases and customer(s) across multiple selling teams and internal stakeholders, creating certainty from uncertainty and driving onboarding, enablement, success, go-live and healthy consumption of the workloads where the customer has made the decision to consume Databricks.
- Develop an execution plan that covers all activities of all customer-facing technical roles and teams
- Be the first contact for any technical challenges or questions related to production/go-live status of agreed upon Use Cases in your assigned customers.
- Leverage the User Education, Technical Services and Support teams, and escalate to technical experts for requests that are beyond your scope of activities or expertise.
- Navigate Databricks Product and Engineering teams for New Product Innovations, Private Previews and Upgrade needs.
- Provide internal and external updates on progress and risks/blockers to your leadership.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience where you have been accountable for technical project delivery within the data domain, contributing directly to technical debate and design choices with customers.
- Technical hands-on experience with a key programming language (i.e. Python, SQL or Scala).
- A continuous learner, able to keep pace with the fast evolution of the Data & AI domain.
- Experience in a customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture, customer success, or consulting role.
- Technical project management expertise including account, stakeholder and resource management accountability. Skilled in attributing business value and outcomes to specific project deliverables.
- Adept in conducting open-ended discovery workshops, creating strategic roadmaps, conducting business analysis and managing the delivery of complex projects.
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Equity awards
- Fitness reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life, accident & disability insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.