Director, Corporate Engineering(IT)
Databricks is looking for a Director -Corporate Engineering, IT, reporting to the VP, of Infrastructure and Operations.
In this influential role, you will be responsible for:
Cloud Infrastructure Management:
- Develop and implement a strategic roadmap for the company's cloud infrastructure ensuring the stability, scalability, and security of technology platforms and environments. Spearhead the establishment and enforcement of standards and automation for Infrastructure Provisioning, DevOps and SRE services, and integration with other SaaS services.
- Create a strategy with a coherent plan to build out your center of excellence teams, focusing on developer velocity, end2end quality, end2end security, Infra-as-code, GitOps, KPIs measurement, etc
- Take ownership of Infrastructure compliance requirements, including but not limited to SOX, PCI DSS, FedRAMP, and other relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Conduct regular risk assessments with Security teams to identify areas of non-compliance and implement mitigation strategies to address identified risks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure understanding and alignment with compliance requirements. Work closely with Security, legal, and other departments to implement necessary controls.
- Lead operational support for Tier 3 IT services, ensuring alignment with business needs and regulatory compliance. Drive production incident management, coordinate and drive debugging production issues.
- Develop and manage cloud budgets, including vendor management and cost optimization initiatives.
- Manage internal productivity, & workplace products such as Gmail, Atlassian, Moveworks, Glean, Slack, GitHub etc to provide an exceptional employee experience.
- Lead a cross-functional team to shape the vision and strategy for a suite of Collaboration tools. with a focus on employee needs and market trends, drive efficient product adoption, and, oversee the entire product lifecycle fostering strong relationships with stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 7 years of experience managing Cloud infrastructure at large enterprises. Extensive experience managing public cloud implementations in AWS. Experience with GCP and Azure will be a plus.
- In-Depth understanding of Cloud native technologies to lead and guide the team. Must have hands-on experience in troubleshooting and debugging issues in production environments
- Working experience in managing DevOps/SRE practices OKRs (Objective and Key Results), Agile development, Infra-as-code, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering), DevOps measurement such as DORA KPIs,
- In-depth understanding of each collaboration tool's features, functionalities, and configurations (e.g., Gmail for email, Slack for messaging). Ability to identify and integrate and optimize the use of various tools for seamless collaboration (e.g., connecting Jira with GitHub for Dev metrics).
- Experience leading a team of senior professionals working asynchronously in a remote, distributed team. Strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication and written communication skills.
- Collaborative style: partners well with cross-functional teams to solve hard problems and to complete complex deliverables with quality and business outcomes.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members to ensure that their skills and knowledge are kept up-to-date
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.