Global Industry GTM Leader - Comms, Media & Entertainment
Databricks is seeking a highly strategic, agile, and result-driven senior executive of Communications, Media & Entertainment to lead our technology go-to-market (GTM) initiatives globally. This executive will play a crucial role in driving the execution of our GTM strategy, ensuring the successful commercialization of our technological products, fostering strategic partnerships to improve our market presence and ensuring that Databricks wins in the market as the standard data platform in the communications, media & entertainment industry. If you have a passion for technology, a strong track record in communications and media and an innovative mindset, we'd love to meet you.
This role will report to our SVP of Go-To-Market, but will have day-to-day engagement with global sales leadership.
- Drive the strategic and operational execution of our GTM initiatives, focusing on our communications, media & entertainment industries.
- Build alignment with senior leaders across the go-to-market organization and collaborate with cross-functional teams including Sales, Field Engineering, Marketing, Partnerships, Product and external partners to develop and implement effective GTM strategies and programs.
- Build and maintain executive relationships with key stakeholders in the industry, including clients, partners, and suppliers.
- Develop and grow ecosystem partnerships across SIs, ISVs and hyperscalers with eye on maturing whitespace markets and increasing long term industry growth rates.
- Create and publish thought leadership in journals and represent Databricks in key conferences.
- Support the development of industry strategy and ongoing analysis of market trends and the competitive landscape to align our GTM strategies with the market dynamics and to capitalize on growth opportunities.
- Define key performance metrics and goals for communication, media & entertainment GTM initiatives, monitor progress, and adjust plans as necessary.
- Travel globally for customer meetings, executive briefings, events and other engagements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field. An MBA or other relevant post-graduate qualification is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership role within the communications, media & entertainment sector, with at least 5 years in a strategic GTM role.
- Demonstrated success in launching technology products to market in a communications, media & entertainment environment.
- Strong understanding of the data technology landscape and ability to integrate new technologies into the communications, media & entertainment process.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.