Cloud Infrastructure Software Security Engineer
In order to comply with U.S. Government information security and federal contractor regulations, including Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirements for Impact Level 6 Cloud Service Provider personnel, and facilitate compliance with other regulations such as FedRAMP High baseline, and requirements of certain federal contracts, this role is open to United States citizens on United States Soil only.
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
As a member of the Cloud Infrastructure Security Team, you will be responsible for implementing core secure infrastructure and security solutions and services in multiple clouds (e.g. AWS, OCI, GCP, and Azure). You will participate in designing and implementing infrastructure and solutions using custom-built, open source, and vendor security solutions and integrations. You will work with engineering and compliance teams to identify security risks and automation opportunities. You will be a member of the CSO organization and report to the Director of Security Cloud Infrastructure.
The impact you will have:
- Participate in cross team and organization collaboration for architecting strong environment and security systems.
- Analyze and assess security systems, SaaS applications, and cloud environments to mature the systems security posture.
- Design, document and develop processes and procedures for security systems.
- Implement systems with self service and user experience in mind for other teams and organizations that depend on them.
What we look for:
- 3+ yrs experience with coding (Python preferred) for automation
- 4+ yrs experience working with AWS, OCI, Azure, or GCP
- 3+ yrs experience in cloud Security
- Subject matter expertise in at least one cloud and broad familiarity with other clouds
- Exposure to OCI hardening and IAM preferred
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification (or demonstrated cloud abilities and 90 day certification requirement)
- Strong experience designing secure systems
- Experience with security technologies
- Experience with NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, and related frameworks is preferred
- Experience with IaC tooling (Terraform preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and ability to pick up new ideas quickly
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
Annual personal development fund
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.