Sr. Financial Analyst
Req ID: GAQ225R70
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
Databricks is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Sales Finance team in the FP&A organization. You will report to the Finance Manager. The Sales Finance team's primary goal is to help Databricks continue optimizing investment for long-term growth through thoughtful analysis and improving visibility across the business.
You will be a trusted advisor to Sales and Finance leadership, delivering insights and providing recommendations for driving sustainable growth. You will improve forecast reliability, enhance corporate reporting, establish processes, and scale our systems to help grow the business. You will analyze usage trends across products, track key performance metrics, and partner with sales strategy on executive-level presentations.
The impact you will have:
- Analyze daily usage trends across platforms, products, and business units and communicate insights for an executive-level audience
- Track the bookings pipeline and forecast impact on top-line financial performance
- Develop a deep understanding of Databricks’ business model to drive forecast and business insights
- Analyze company performance against core KPIs and identify areas of potential risk and opportunities
- Build detailed empirical models from scratch to support financial recommendations
- Partner with sales strategy and sales operations and provide recommendations to finance leadership
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance or a comparable field
- 2-3 years of corporate finance, management consulting, or investment banking experience; familiarity with the software industry (and SaaS) a plus
- Experience in building financial models independently and preparing recommendations
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and collaboration skills
- Experience simplifying and scaling while supporting a fast-moving, high-growth business
- Curiosity to learn and solve problems independently
- Ability to prioritize objectives in a fast-paced environment to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Expert in Excel/Google Sheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets); comfortable managing large datasets and driver-based models
- Prior experience using SQL or willingness to learn
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.