Sr. Employee Relations Manager
Req #: GAQ125R63
This is your chance to make an impact with our growing team! You will partner with leaders across the organization as a strategic partner, consultant, and steward of the overall employee experience. You'll be a trusted advisor and partner in continued development of the employee relations function as we search scalable solutions to support our rapid growth. Under the guidance of and through a partnership with the Employee Relations Director, you will be an ambassador for our overall principles, values, programs and policies, driving a global, diverse, performance-based work environment.
The impact you will have:
- Provide advice and counsel to employees that lead to resolution in the following subject-matter areas: performance management, escalated leave and absence cases and policy questions/interpretation.
- Conduct virtual meetings with individual contributors or people managers to obtain pertinent information, determine applicability of Databricks’ policies and procedures, recommending an action plan and escalation where appropriate.
- Resolve issues at an early stage by sharing applicable resources and providing access to self-service tools.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of case work and track progress through conclusion on case management platform.
- Partner with our People Partner team to manage escalated employee leave/absence matters, employee misconduct issues, and performance management situations.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of Employee Relations experience, with a focus on strategic partnership with managers up through the Senior Director level
- Ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, influence decision-makers and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in advising and coaching managers on performance management situations
- Experience in managing a high volume workload and prioritizing time sensitive matters
- Capability to coordinate internal resources in solution development for emerging issues
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and professionalism.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.