Customer Solutions Engineer
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Learn dbt Core and dbt Cloud and build technical expertise broadly across all areas of our product
- Demonstrate care through the use of empathetic language, positivity, and inclusion
- Engage with customers through tickets, emails, and video conferences, upholding Support SLAs
- Own customer issues from end to end, including troubleshooting, reproducing, and finding resolutions to all manner of customer issues
- Actively coach and mentor other team members
- Gain advanced knowledge in dbt Cloud architecture or administration
- Contribute to documentation with a focus on technical accuracy, clear communication, and scalability
- Take responsibility for your personal professional development, with support from manager
You are a good fit if you have...
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting SaaS applications, REST APIs, and SAML-based authentication
- Advanced skills at least one of: dbt, SAML, git, Cloud Filesystems, Kubernetes, Cloud databases, Python
- The ability to break down complex technical concepts and communicate them to stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of network security protocols, particularly in cloud environments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
You'll have an edge if you have:
- Code review experience
- Understanding of Single Sign-On (SSO) protocols and implementations
- Experience with Datadog, LogicMonitor, or similar tools
- Experience in management tools such as like JIRA, Asana, or Trello
- Experience as an Incident Commander, especially in scenarios with high business impact
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $110,000 - $171,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits - dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!)
- 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend, and more!
*Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal limitations
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Technical Interview with Hiring Manager
- Technical Task: Complete some follow-up reading and go through a more comprehensive technical screen where you will demonstrate your expertise
- Team Interviews (1:1s) that cover the following:
- Handling Customer Objections and Avoiding Burnout
- Managing High-Pressure Situations and Writing Things Down
- Feedback and Collaboration
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 20,000 companies using dbt every week, 65,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 3,500 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.