Field Marketing Specialist
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
As a Field Marketing Specialist at dbt Labs, you will be responsible for executing the marketing plan for your region. You will collaborate closely with regional marketing and sales leaders to grow our local markets and represent the dbt brand on the ground via various types of campaigns. This role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on our company's growth, travel with your team, and grow your path as a demand focused marketer.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Execute and project manage regional marketing programs like in-person events, conferences, virtual events, and tactile marketing programs
- Write and deploy targeted emails and landing pages to drive engagement towards your programs
- Collaborate closely with sales and marketing stakeholders in your regions to ensure event follow-up is happening that delivers pipeline targets each quarter
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs you run, monitor ongoing results, and present learnings/results to your team
- Document and track your work in Asana and Notion
- Travel to represent dbt Labs at in person events throughout your assigned region
You are a good fit if you:
- Have worked asynchronously as part of a fully-remote, distributed team
- Have 1-2 years experience in B2B Software Marketing
- Can demonstrate previous event execution experience
- Have had experiences using marketing automation platforms like Hubspot, CRM systems like Salesforce, or event platforms like Splash
- Are a master project manager
- Have willingness and ability to travel on a monthly basis
You'll have an edge if you have:
- In-region Field Marketing experience supporting a sales team
- ABM or vertical marketing experience
- Experience building marketing campaigns designed for an executive audience
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $95,000 - $117,000 OTE (80% base salary, 20% based on hitting revenue targets)
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: In the US, dbt Labs offers unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!), 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, paid parental leave, wellness stipend and a home office stipend. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package
*Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal limitations
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Team Interviews with Stakeholders covering the following
- Event/Role Execution
- Working with Sales
- Values Alignment
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 20,000 companies using dbt every week, 65,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 3,500 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.