Director, Field & Partner Marketing, EMEA
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
This role has a regional component, in-region (EMEA) location is required. UK or Ireland based preferred.
dbt Labs is expanding the Marketing team in EMEA and we are looking for a Director of Field Marketing & Partner Marketing to own marketing funnel performance across EMEA. This role is a critical component to our EMEA go to market strategy and one that will help continue to accelerate the tremendous adoption we have seen across this market. This role partners directly with EMEA Leadership and requires the type of person who can think strategically across a complex region while also jumping in and executing the plan when necessary.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop a comprehensive EMEA marketing plan and budget to achieve pipeline growth objectives through innovative multi-channel marketing campaigns, events, and partnerships
- Build, coach, and directly manage a team of field marketers across regions where we are more established as well as develop new markets.
- Initially this role will manage IC responsibilities in the Nordics region as we determine future hiring plans to support the region in FY25
- Be responsible for identifying which global marketing programs to localize and run in EMEA, selecting regional events to sponsor, devising a strategy for hosted and co-hosted events, and advising global marketing teams on EMEA-specific content marketing and digital advertising programs needed.
- Assist the PMM team in laying quarterly marketing plans with our Tier 1 partners, integrating these into the larger EMEA marketing plan, and be the local point of contact for said partners
- Partner with the EMEA sales, alliances, and customer success leadership team to ensure that the EMEA marketing plan achieves the awareness, lead generation, deal acceleration, and customer retention/expansion goals
- Play a key role as EMEA representation in launching an Account Based Marketing program for the first time at dbt Labs with a team of global peers
- Own, assess, and be the voice of EMEA marketing funnel performance metrics across all marketing lead sources
- Act as one of the faces of dbt Labs to our partners, customers, and community in EMEA. This may include presenting on stage at events both in-person and virtually
- Travel up to 50% of the time
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 8+ years experience in B2B marketing (required); specific expertise in software and SaaS/subscription models strongly preferred
- 3+ years experience in an EMEA marketing leadership role at a US-based company
- You are a seasoned people manager and have managed remote teams across Europe and/or other markets
- Can demonstrate previous experience managing programs across an integrated set of marketing channels to hit goals including adapting global programs for your local markets
- Have owned a pipeline or revenue target and can speak to your triumphs and challenges achieving it
- Are incredibly analytical and metrics driven, with a desire to launch, learn, and iterate to continually improve programs. You are hands on and self-sufficient with navigating dashboards in tools like looker, salesforce, and more.
- Are exceptionally strong writing, presentation and verbal communications skills, with the ability to clearly and simply articulate strategies and build trust up, down, and across the organization.
- Have Enterprise and Commercial segment experience; Industry marketing experience preferred
- Have experiences entering new markets for the first time where you assisted building the GTM motion and established a solid run rate of business collaboratively with sales and alliances teams from scratch
- Competitive Salary: GBP: 154,000,000 to 187,000 OTE (80/20 split)
- Equity Stake
- Benefits - dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!)
- Pension Coverage
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend, and more!
What to expect in the interview process (all video interviews via Zoom unless accommodations are needed):
- Call with our Talent Team
- Interviews with our Sr. Director of Revenue Marketing
- Team interviews various stakeholders including:
- Regional VP of Sales, EMEA
- Director, Marketing Operations
- VP of Brand Marketing
- Field Marketing Manager, DACH
- Final Interview with our CEO
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 33,000 companies using dbt every week, 100,000 practitioners in the dbt Community, and 3,850 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.