Sales Development Representative, Austin
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Handle inbound leads from the growth and enterprise business, setting meetings with qualified prospects for our Sales Directors and Account Executives
- Begin to define our outbound strategy via various channels
- Be the architect of a growing team, defining and iterating on processes
- Become an expert in SQL, dbt, and enterprise data operations
You are a good fit if you:
- Have previous inbound or outbound sales or sales development experience (1+ years)
- Are a strong communicator (verbal and written) and collaborate well in a fast-paced environment
- Are a master of efficiency - You keep the inbox at zero and can manage a high volume
- Are values-oriented, and you share our company values
You'll have an edge if:
- Prior experience in analytics, ETL, BI, and/or open-sourced software
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $79,000.00 - $101,000.00 (70/30 split)
- Equity Stake
- Benefits - dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes, we use it!)
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend, and more!
What to expect in the interview process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Mock Role Play Email
- Team interviews with members of the SDR & Sales team
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 33,000 companies using dbt every week, 100,000 practitioners in the dbt Community, and 3,850 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.