Regional Director of Sales, Commercial (Austin)
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
dbt has seen incredible traction across all market segments since its launch, and we're looking for a Regional Director of Sales, Commercial to join our rapidly growing team. You will hire and manage a team of Account Executives who own the full sales cycle from Discovery and Evaluation through Implementation, Adoption, and ongoing usage of dbt. This person will be based in Austin and will be in office 3 days a week.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Report directly to the Regional VP of Commercial Sales, build and manage a team of up to 10 talented account executives motivated to bring dbt to a fast-growing market and set the strategy for our fastest growing segment
- Focus heavily on territory planning and execution with a dedicated emphasis on pipeline generation
- Develop and implement sales strategies that focus on both short-term revenue goals and long-term pipeline development and work cross-functionally with other teams, like marketing, to align messaging & campaigns for maximum impact on pipeline growth
- Build and maintain a strong talent pipeline for current and future needs and be heavily involved in recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new reps
- Foster a collaborative environment where account executives on your team can learn, grow, and seek professional growth under your leadership
- Build and improve processes for team member on-boarding and ramping
- Influence our playbook for Commercial sales at dbt Labs and focus on improving and growing this
- Drive alignment with supporting teams across customer success, marketing, solutions architects, and professional services
You are a good fit if you...
- Have 4+ years of experience in successfully selling a technical product
- Have 2+ years of experience successfully managing high performing software sales teams
- Are able to understand and teach complex technical concepts
- Have previous experience recruiting, retaining, and developing a team from the ground up
- Enjoy coaching and motivating others, leading by example while demonstrating humility
- Feel a deep sense of alignment with our company values
You have an edge if you have...
- Prior experience in analytics, data, and/or open-sourced software
- Experience going through a growth or hyper-growth stage
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Equity stake*
- Benefits: dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!)
- Pension coverage
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid parental leave
- Home office stipend + more!
What to expect in the interview process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Team Interviews with members of the Sales team
- Working Session
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 33,000 companies using dbt every week, 100,000 practitioners in the dbt Community, and 3,850 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.