Partner Marketing Manager
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
As partner marketing manager, you will provide critical support for go-to-market activities that involve dbt Labs strategic technology partners. We are looking for a candidate who has experience navigating complex organizations and working with their marketing counterparts to develop impactful messaging and programs that support our “better together” stories.
You will also work closely with our partner team to ensure that our dbt Cloud positioning is well understood within the ecosystem. This position reports to the director of product marketing at dbt Labs.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Manage the creation and execution of marketing campaigns, programs, events and activities with strategic partners
- Collaborate closely with peers in the Revenue Marketing team, with Partnerships, and with Partner Product Marketing to ensure GTM partner plans and campaigns align with overall dbt Labs priorities and goals
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with your counterparts at strategic technology partners, including Snowflake, AWS, Microsoft, and Databricks to align on co-marketing initiatives and mutual goals.
- Articulate and position the benefits of dbt Cloud vs. dbt Core to our partners so that they properly position dbt to their internal teams and customers.
- Lead joint messaging and co-branded content development with partners to ensure dbt Cloud messaging is integrated in all partner public-facing content including blogs, webinars, solution briefs, and presentation decks
- Create internal enablement content for the sales teams to explain and promote joint campaigns and activities with the partners
- Develop & maintain a deep understanding of partner business strategies and objectives. Craft co-marketing strategies and programs that benefit both dbt Labs and partners
- Establish, track, and report OKRs, including regular readouts on the performance of partner marketing programs. Conducting quarterly marketing reviews with key partners to review success/progress, identify gaps and maintain alignment
- Create annual plans with strategic partners that incorporate specific geography needs into the overall GTM marketing plan for specific partners
- Assert strong influence over what partner activities we are going to pursue and not going to pursue.
You are a good fit if you have:
- have a builder mentality and like to figure things out, thrive in cross-functional and collaborative organizations, and are driven by the impact you and your partners create together
- are experienced marketing B2B software solutions to, with and through technology partners and partner ecosystems in the data industry
- understand the data and analytics ecosystem with a working knowledge of companies like Snowflake, AWS, Databricks, and Microsoft.
- have navigated complex organizational structures and can communicate effectively across a broad swath of partners who often have competing interests.
- know what motivates our strategic partners and have experience in developing marketing materials and messaging that successfully position joint value props.
- Can operate in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment and think on your feet when engaged in partner conversations.
- Have worked asynchronously as part of a fully-remote, distributed team.
- understand of a broad range of marketing activities, disciplines, and tactics, including field marketing, digital marketing, and industry events
- possess excellent communication skills, ranging from the ability to craft brief, high-impact written communications, to presenting to senior executives inside and outside our company
You'll have an edge if you have:
- you have worked for or closely with any of our strategic partners
- you are already familiar with the role dbt Labs plays in the cloud data warehouse ecosystem
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $166,000-$224,000 USD
- Equity Stake
- Benefits - dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!)
- 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend, and more!
What to expect in the interview process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Team Interviews with teammates/stakeholders
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 33,000 companies using dbt every week, 100,000 practitioners in the dbt Community, and 3,850 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.