TAM, Manager (Philippines)
We are looking to hire a manager who will build a brand new team of frontline TAMs who will be responsible for managing the success of our customers across our global Commercial segment (companies with up to 3,000 employees). Your role will be to build and manage the team that will ensure that our current customers gain the most value from their dbt Cloud deployment, leading to renewals and expansions. To achieve this, your team will monitor an existing book of business, create 1:many communications to keep in touch with customers, lead technical discussions with customers, uncover new data challenges, and showcase how dbt Cloud can address their needs through live demos and technical workshops. Your team will be supporting a global customer base, so will need to work shifts covering global regions.
Internally, you will help our team as we continue to build out our processes and playbooks and act as the voice of the customer to ensure that we continue to build product that solves real problems and delights our customers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Successfully hire, onboard, ramp, and retain a new team of Technical Account Managers
- Drive your team to ensure the success of our customers by understanding their data challenges and identifying opportunities for dbt Cloud to alleviate their pain and help them achieve their goals to support expansion and renewals
- Identify opportunities for us to improve our processes and work towards building solutions to these gaps, including building out playbooks and internal content to ensure the success of your team
- Set shift schedules for the team that will balance coverage of our global account base
- Work with the broader team to improve the way we work together, be the voice of the customer in product discussions, and participate in other cross-functional activities
- Complete regular reviews of your teams work and deliver clear, actionable feedback
You are a good fit if you:
- Have significant experience in Technical Account Management (or similar post-sales technical role), ideally at a company with a Cloud SaaS offering
- Have experience as a people manager, preferably at a growth-stage startup
- Have established a new team or function and scaled it to at least 6-8 people
- Have worked on a global team — you are familiar with follow-the-sun work allocation, the nuances of coaching TAMs through local cultural sensitivities amongst customers and varying your management style to account for local norms
- Have strong project/program management skills — you are a highly structured arranger and facilitator and are energized by bringing order to chaos
- Have solid technical background - you have a strong understanding of data engineering and data analytics workflows, data warehousing architectures, and are SQL proficient
- Are excited about working towards continuous improvement and building out the processes and playbooks to enable your team to be successful as we build out this new function as a business
You'll have an edge if you have:
- Can perform analyses with self-service analytics (Looker, Hex)
- Have experience with ancillary tools, managing data infrastructure, APIs, etc
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Follow-up task and task review call
- Team interview round
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 33,000 companies using dbt every week, 100,000 practitioners in the dbt Community, and 3,850 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.