Senior Firmware Developer
dcbel is a growing startup building next-generation hardware and software for a future lead by electric vehicles (EVs) and distributed energy technologies like solar panels and battery storage.
Our flagship product, dcbel r16™, is the world’s first all-in-one smart energy appliance sitting at the heart of the modern energy ecosystem. Combining several breakthrough technologies into one elegant package, dcbel r16™ offers the fastest home EV charging available on the market, allows you to use your EVs massive battery as a backup power source and connects with solar panels to power your EV and home with the free, unlimited power of the sun.
dcbel is looking to hire a firmware developer to work in our growing team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in developing, improving, and maintaining firmware in our products.
The firmware developer will develop and deliver control software modules for bare metal STM32 platforms.
- Write software modules to manage and control energy-centric hardware peripherals.
- Tune the control algorithms
- Optimize firmware for speed and troubleshoot problems based on user feedback.
- Promote good software engineering practices through design and code reviews.
- At least 5 years of professional (non-academic) experience delivering projects on STM32 or other ARM-based microcontrollers using embedded C on bare metal programming
- Recent experience with board bring ups
- Recent experience with algorithms for control for power conversion or motor control
- Recent experience working in hardware and/or electrical and/or electronic engineering lab
- Recent experience working high volume deployed firmware consumer products
- Recent experience working with LTSpice
- Recent experience with DevOps and Jira
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- A high level of detailed expertise and experience in one of the following microcontroller architectures and common hardware busses and peripherals: ADC, i2c, spi, can, pwm
- An ability to learn and adopt existing software architecture and improve through testing and iteration
- Ability to understand and suggest revisions and improvements to hardware schematics based on implementation implications, testing, and troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems with hardware and software
- Ability to tune control algorithms on simulation software and port to microcontrollers in a deployed product using Matlab
- Code published in public domain, e.g. gitlab or github (non-academic)
- Hobbyist in electronics or power electronics
- Bachelors in Engineering from top tier university
- Ideally dual diploma in both Electrical and Software engineering
What's in it for you
- Be part of a company developing highly disruptive patented technology which is backed by globally respected investors.
- Grow your professional experience in a close-knit team of committed and experienced energy experts who deeply care about the work they do.
- Enjoy a competitive benefits package