Financial Controller - Revenue
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Who are we?
Deliverect is in hyper-growth! As a global SaaS Unicorn, our mission is to be the backbone of on-demand food, with over 250 million orders completed, operating globally.
We simplify online order management to help restaurants, cloud kitchens and food chains around the world become faster, smarter and more connected, so they can serve even more delicious food to their customers.
With real-time insights they can manage inventory, track revenue growth, automatically update stock, adjust menus globally and spot new opportunities across platforms with ease.
Who do we work with?
The most popular and up-and-coming food delivery platforms around the globe, along with your local takeaway restaurants and stores! We also partner with Point Of Sale (POS) Software providers, ensuring we work together in the FoodTech space to deliver a market-leading product.
Located in our hubs across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and the Middle East we are growing rapidly. We are ambitious, take ownership and celebrate success with the entire team. Because we have a deep level of respect for each other, there is always room to learn and develop.
Reason for the Role
You will handle revenue recognition and managerial accounting for all of the revenue related financial activities of the company. You will report to the Head of Finance, and will assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- On a monthly basis provide revenue recognition calculation and reconciliation of Deferred revenue account
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and operations for Revenue Recognition.
- Calculate referral partner commissions on a monthly basis, prepare commission statements for partner managers, post accruals, approve vendor commission invoices and prepare balance sheet reconciliations for the partner commission accruals.
- Support month end and year end close.
- Supporting annual Audit process related to all matters on Revenue accounting.
- Assisting in producing monthly/quarterly KPI reports for the Board.
- Preparing detailed actual vs budget analysis on Revenue by region and customer group. Assisting in budgeting/forecasting of Annual Recurring Revenue.
- Ad hoc project work and testing for new Netsuite billing implementation.
- Collaboration with other team members and stakeholders.
- You will be a part-qualified/newly qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/CA) or have a degree in accounting.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the field in an in-house accounting role.
- SaaS background will be an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel)
- Excellent knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Attention to detail.
What we offer
- Fast-growing SaaS scale-up that’s been awarded 'Unicorn" status.
- Plenty of scope to develop and take ownership within your role.
- Hybrid working - 3 days in our London office
- Generous range of benefits.
- Diverse international team to enjoy regular company and team events.
- Transparency and visibility including a weekly company sprint on vision, strategy, roadmap and progress.
- An exciting, innovative environment, with weekly product releases, constant new features and incremental optimisations.
- A fast-growing international scale-up with strong growth plans.
- A chance to help solve some of the biggest challenges facing the global FoodTech industry.
We value strength from diversity, embracing our differences by working together within a safe and inclusive working environment. You are welcome at Deliverect for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our workplace is for everyone. We are committed to treating everyone fairly and equally. If you need any support during our recruitment process, please get in touch email@example.com.
See more open positions at Deliverect
Something looks off?