Business Systems Analyst (Workday)
Discord is looking for a functional business systems analyst to help simplify, scale and support our HRIS system - Workday. Working as a member of the People Systems team, you’ll partner with our People Operations, Talent, Finance, Payroll, and other team members to analyze tech and process gaps, design solutions, implement technology, and support launches. As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be the domain professional for People business processes, including advising internal stakeholders on use of the Workday HCM system, Greenhouse, and other ecosystem tools in support of overall business operations. You will work on process design and flows, production support and improve processes. If you are passionate about business systems and love to make a difference, this role has been made for you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Maintain Workday HCM System, including system configuration, security, integrations, and reporting
- Work closely with HR, Payroll, Finance, and IT teams to understand business requirements and translate them into system configurations
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including system configuration, process flows, and user guides
- Develop and deliver user training and support to ensure system adoption and effective use
- Serve as domain expert with hands-on configuration in at least 2 or more Workday domains: Core HCM, Absence, Time Tracking, Compensation, Security, Analytics and Reporting
- Partner with the HR Operations team and other internal stakeholders to drive requirements gathering, process review, solution design, project management, testing, training, and documentation
- Provide production support on issues triage, identification and resolution, bulk data uploads (EIBs), maintain security role assignment, and new report requests
- Stay up to date on Workday releases and new functionality, recommend enhancements and improvements to the system
- Build testing scripts and participate in system testing, including unit testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing
You'll Thrive In This Role If
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience with Workday system administration, configuration, and support
- Strong understanding of at least one or more Workday functional areas
- Strong understanding of the relationship between processes, operations, systems and solutions
- You can translate business needs into technical and process solutions
- Experience assessing new features, making recommendations, and driving new feature adoption
- Passion for scaling operations, processes and tools
- Familiarity with Greenhouse ATS, and Zendesk
- Workday certification(s)
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000 to $150,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#LI-Hybrid #buildingbelonging #LI-KG1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Something looks off?