Regional Security Manager, Bay Area
Want to work at a dynamic and rapidly growing company? Discord is the place for you! Discord’s Corporate Security team is searching for a Regional Security Manager to join us in our mission to provide a safe and fun work environment! As a Regional Security Manager, you’ll be in charge of running and growing Discord’s Bay Area office security program. You’ll contribute to the company by managing the security officer team, monitoring and ensuring the health of technical security systems, and contributing to security planning for new Discord offices. This role reports into our Senior Manager of Corporate Security and is based onsite at our San Francisco HQ office.
If you’re a security professional with a high level of initiative, boundless curiosity, and a desire to help keep Discord employees safe, please join us.
What you'll be doing
- As RSM, be responsible for all aspects of safety and security for Discord’s San Francisco headquarters, including day-to-day operations and long-term projects
- Manage Discord’s contract Security Officers, ensuring high levels of service and professionalism
- Serve as the in-office security representative for CorpSec. These duties include answering questions from employees, engaging with visitors, conducting security interviews, investigations, and training sessions
- Conduct periodic threat, vulnerability, and risk assessments
- Act as the incident response coordinator for Discord HQ. Lead annual incident management exercises, construct scenarios, and create training objectives
- Liaise with local and federal law enforcement agencies, as well as industry peers
- Monitor and maintain security systems, conducting preemptive health checks and ensuring maximum uptime. Planning and building out security technical architecture, including VMS, ACS, system controls, subsystems, and ancillary security products
- Work cross-functionally with other teams, particularly Information Technology, Workplace Services, and Facilities, to ensure the safety and security of Discord employees and guests
What you should have
- 5+ years of physical security experience, particularly in guard force management and overseeing corporate office security
- Extensive experience in project management, including RFPs and process improvement, and change management. Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Access control and video management experience, particularly around Brivo, Genetech, HID, and other systems
- You have excellent verbal and written communication and are experienced in de-escalation techniques
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle emergency situations
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to perform on-call duties during critical incidents and emergencies and are able to travel occasionally as required to support operations and meet training requirements
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- ASIS CPP, APP, CTM or PSP certification
- Knowledge of law enforcement agencies and regulatory requirements, especially in the California Bay Area
- Knowledge and experience with start-up organizations, and/or the tech industry
- You’re a pro-tier Discord user
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000 to $136,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!