Senior Product Manager, New Businesses
Discord is where anyone can find a place they belong. Every day, students, hikers, gamers, artists, and friends of all types use Discord to chat, hang out, and form new connections. Our Revenue team focuses on building and maintaining the monetization ecosystem on Discord through Nitro, Boosting, and a portfolio of new bets.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead monetization efforts for new business lines. You will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and for creating a vision around why we should pursue them. You will define our strategy for how we can deliver that message. You will drive execution on a roadmap you create while scaling our revenue platform for other teams to build on. You will work directly with our GTM teams when launching products for users and businesses. Finally, you will partner both internally and externally to form creative solutions and build an impactful team in one of the highest-priority product areas at Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap for new ways to monetize on Discord.
- Lead cross-functional execution with engineering, data science, design, marketing, partnerships, legal, policy to build, test, and launch revenue products that are beneficial for our users.
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Together with other product teams, evolve the in-app ecosystem for all monetizable products to ensure a coherent and delightful experience for anything a user pays for.
- Empathize and relate to our users, especially those who are the most active on Discord.
What you should have
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding simple solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- 4-6+ years experience shipping great software, driving prioritization, making trade-off decisions, and setting timelines.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers.
- Extensive experience working in third-party ecosystems towards monetization goals.
- Track record of driving impact via rapid experimentation towards a metric goal for a consumer tech product.
- Strong analytical ability to quickly organize and leverage data (including writing SQL) to make informed product decisions with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong product sense for the consumer tech revenue space with deep understanding of how users go from free to paid.
- Experience working with monetization on Android, iOS, or desktop.
- Experience building and growing social and/or online communication products.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Entrepreneurial experience building consumer applications.
- Familiarity with the gaming publisher space.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $214,000 to $233,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!