Intern, Financial Controller
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
We are looking for a Finance Controller intern to reinforce DNA Script’s Finance Team. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the Finance Manager on the monitoring of the various R&D partnerships as well as of the OPEX.
- Ensure the monthly monitoring of the Research and Development projects (R&D)
- Actively participate in the optimization of the monthly reporting of R&D projects with the Finance Controller
- Prepare the monthly presentation for project managers using the PowerBi tool as well as data derived from our ERP (NetSuite)
- Contribute to the preparation of our Executive Reporting Pack for internal and external financial communication purposes
- Take part in ad hoc studies (on the costs, inventories or any other relevant ad hoc analysis for the management team)
- Support for the integration of our production data into our ERP (Manufacturing time, Machine time, etc)
- Participation in the monthly close
Experience & Qualification
- Student in a gap year or the final year of graduate studies in Finance or equivalent;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Pack (Word, Excel, Power Point, Power BI is a plus) ;
- Fluency in English (international team)
- Strong sense of rigor, attention to detail and respect of deadlines
- Curious, with a critical and analytical mind
- Excellent organizational capabilities and adaptability
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Interest in the life sciences
- Job located in the Paris area
- Start date : June 2023 – 6/7 months
- Contract : Internship
- Compensation : to be defined
Something looks off?