DevOps Software Engineer
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
The DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with software developers, SQA and IT to streamline and improve the software delivery process as well as the customer experience. This role will also provide support to production and field service for deployment issues.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or a Master’s Degree in software engineering or related field.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience developing and launching cloud-based production SaaS on AWS.
- Experience in AWS cloud - EC2, RDS, S3, SNS, CloudWatch, etc
- Able to build software pipelines with Docker, NPM, Java, Python, etc. with various DevOps tools
- Experience with AWS security services fundamentals
- Experience in CI/CD automation DevOps tool sets such as: Jenkins, GitHub, Docker
- Experience with Docker & containerization, Docker swarm
- Experience in DNS/Domain management, able to work with Godaddy or AWS Route 53
- Able to set up and maintain the Reverse Proxy by using Nginx or Apache
- Experience on Scripting language - Python, Batch, Shell
- Experience on Unix, Linux system
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in English
- Experience with message brokers such as MQTT or Kafka.
- Experience with offline deployments.
- Experience integrating with Oracle’s ERP or NetSuite via web services API or equivalent.
- Experience developing micro-services using Python with web service frameworks like Flask.
- Background in biological sciences, DNA applications, either from education or work experience.
- Job located in Le Kremlin Bicêtre.
- Remote work: Occasional remote work possible
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Initial screening with the TA Manager
- Day interview at the office (or remote) with the manager, co-founders, HR and the rest of the team
- Reference Checks
- Timing: 2-3 weeks
Something looks off?