Team Leader, CMOS
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
DNA Script is looking for a talented team leader for a key role with the Advanced Research team at Kremlin-Bicêtre in Paris. He/she will be part of an international team of mechanical engineers, software engineers, physicists, chemists, and biologists developing a novel enzymatic approach to semiconductor (CMOS)-based DNA synthesis for applications including DNA data storage.
They will be DNA Script’s main link with external CMOS experts at university partners and service providers.
- Liaison with external CMOS partners on subjects including chip design, fabrication, testing and packaging for DNA synthesis applications.
- Design and implementation of PCBs to test and verify functional performance.
- Chip testing and functional verification.
- Development of specifications for wet (laboratory) tests to confirm suitability for a given application.
- Feedback of test results and formulation of actions and improvements with collaborators.
- Writing of requirements, specifications, and reports in English for internal and external review.
- Project management.
- Provide strategic leadership and technical direction.
- Engineering degree or PhD with 5 – 10 years’ experience in CMOS circuit design and fabrication.
- Use of IC and PCB design tools (Altium, Allegro, Cadence, DipTrace, etc.).
- Operation of electronic lab instruments (e.g., function generator, oscilloscopes).
- PCB design for chip testing and functional verification.
- Programming in Python, C/C++, MATLAB (desirable).
- CMOS-biosensor ASICS (an advantage).
- Writing reports and presenting results in R&D meetings in English.
- Team and high-level project management.
- Chemistry and/or synthetic DNA experience is a plus.
- Job located in Kremlin Bicêtre, France
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Initial screening with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office (or remote) with the manager, cofounders, HR and the rest of the team
- Reference checks
- Timing: 2-3 weeks
Something looks off?