DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
DNA Script is looking for a talented patent engineer to join the IP Team to support the development of the company. The position will be based in our Paris headquarters. The candidate will be participating in (i) patent preparation and prosecution ; (ii) patent committee and idea sourcing ; and (iii) IP competitive intelligence actions.
The position reports to our VP of Intellectual Property based in headquarters, alongside another patent attorney and a coordinator in charge of supporting the team with the processes.
- Monitoring new ideas and findings generated by the organization
- Drafting and filing patent applications, geographical extension
- Patent prosecution, third party observations, opposition
- Conduct freedom-to-operate studies on regular basis or on ad-hoc requests
- Conduct IP landscape analysis as requested by management or operational activities
- Raise awareness and train the Research & Development community on IP
- Provide support with general agreements and contract upon requests
Qualifications and experience
- Has an advanced degree in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Molecular Genetics, Synthetic Biology, Microbiology, or a related biotechnology-relevant discipline or an advanced degree in Organic Chemistry, Nucleic Acid Chemistry or related biochemistry-relevant field;
- Has successfully passed the CEIPI patent diploma;
- Has at least partially passed the European Qualifying Examination is mandatory;
- At least 4-6-year experience as a patent engineer, in biotech/ life science industry or private practice with preferable experience with clients in life sciences and biotechnology field;
- Fluency in French and in English;
- Strong interactive skills and collaborative attitude, as well as a capacity to show leadership in projects management, to work effectively in a team environment;
- Has exceptional attention for detail and accuracy abilities;
- Has the highest levels of personal honesty, integrity and commitment.
- Experience in working with research and development teams and environment and/or experience in the field of DNA such as DNA synthesis or DNA sequencing would be a plus.
- Located in Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France
- Salary is based on experience
- Starting date: ASAP
- Phone interview with manager
- Day interview with manager; the team and HR
- Reference check
- Timing: 4 weeks