Senior Technician, Nucleotide Manufacturing
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in Daly City.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
- Maintain and improve safety practices in the laboratory.
- Perform nucleotide manufacturing operations, dilutions, and participate with daily planning activities and other tasks as necessary in a laboratory environment.
- Execute tasks under approved SOPs, document production using batch records and contribute to improving overall quality of manufacturing operations.
- Maintain detailed and good manufacturing records of all work processes.
- Perform other laboratory duties as assigned by the team leader.
- Participate in a chemistry manufacturing team meeting and prepare technical report presentations.
- Prepare buffers, solutions following approved protocols, including the use and safe handling of hazardous chemicals, data input and record keeping.
- Use approved analytical techniques such as measuring pH, concentration quantification by an spectrophotometer, purity assessment by HPLC to characterize and ensure the high quality of products.
- Work with supply chain team and our ERP (NetSuite) to follow up work orders and keep up with a healthy inventory.
- Maintain finished goods inventory, work in process and raw materials; recommend material orders as needed to maintain stocks for production.
- Monitor, qualify, and maintain calibration of laboratory instrumentation used for manufacturing.
- Participate in planning activities concerning to kit production.
- Help in editing and writing all BMR’s process improvements procedures.
- Procure and receive materials to support nucleotide manufacturing operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience working with synthetic organic chemistry techniques, including but not limited to laboratory skills, interpretation of data from various spectroscopic techniques.
- Experience with laboratory safety procedures and documentation.
- Experience in various analytical and purification methods: thin layer chromatography, flash column chromatography, HPLC.
- Detail oriented and meticulous attention to detail.
- Willingness to take/accept new responsibilities and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in medium to large scale synthesis of organic compounds.
- Experience in ERP, EBR (Electronic Batch Record) and QMS.
- Experience working under GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and following good documentation and compliance practices.
- Job located in Le Kremlin Bicêtre
- Start date: ASAP