Senior Product Designer
Flex is an early-stage, remote-first FinTech startup that is creating the best rent payment experience. It’s hard to believe that it’s 2023 and paying rent on time is expensive, inflexible, and difficult. We’re here to change that! We enable our users to pay rent throughout the month on a schedule that better fits their finances and budget. Our mission is to empower as many renters as possible with flexibility over their most significant recurring expense. After deliberately keeping a stealth profile as we built up unprecedented investor support and an enthusiastic user base, we are looking for motivated individuals to help us keep our mission growing in 2023. Will you be a part of the team?
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Designer at Flex, you'll solve problems for a diverse community of people who are underserved by existing financial products. You'll own projects from end-to-end, beginning by exploring opportunities, and ultimately delivering solutions that improve the lives of Americans who might be experiencing financial hardship. All of your design skills will be put to use, from design thinking, to interaction design, and visual design. But you won't do this alone! You'll work alongside product managers, software engineers, and data analysts, with feedback and support from your fellow designers.
- Lead design efforts for critical consumer-facing fintech products and features
- Own the design process from beginning to end, leading discovery, ideation, wireframing, testing, visual design, and production
- Craft innovative solutions for product opportunities that have little or no precedent in the existing market
- Identify customer needs through quantitative and qualitative research and existing data
- Solicit feedback from and provide feedback to collaborators in order to maintain quality and consistency in digital experiences
- Help maintain and evolve the product design system
- Collaborate closely with software engineers and stakeholders to ensure your vision becomes a reality
- 4+ years experience designing and shipping software solutions for consumer-facing digital experiences
- Comfort documenting and explaining your process and rationale behind design decisions, including leveraging data to inform decision-making
- Demonstrated aptitude for getting things done to make your team successful – wearing several different hats when necessary
- Native mobile application experience (iOS and Android)
- Experience working with design systems and integrating them into the product development and engineering processes
- Deep knowledge of design software (Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD) and interactive prototyping software (Principle, Framer, or Origami)
- Comfort with ambiguous problems
- Motivation to be a self-starter
- Passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- A website or portfolio detailing your contributions to shipped solutions
The national pay range for this role is $144,000-$175,000. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience aligned with Flex's internal leveling guidelines and benchmarks.
Life at Flex:
- Competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) + company stock options
- Unlimited paid time off + company paid holidays
- Parental leave + IVF and adoption support
- Flex Cares Program: Non-profit company match + pet adoption coverage
- Free Flex subscription
Something looks off?