CFD Engineer - Web Team - Poland
About Flexcompute Inc
Flexcompute, Inc develops high-performance computing technology to perform physics simulations, solving large-scale partial differential equations. Our award-winning products are used to design airplanes, wind turbines, quantum computing chips, VR/AR headsets, data centers, and smartphones. Our team consists of world-renowned experts in scientific computing, and we have a global team working remotely from Europe, Asia, North and South America.
At Flexcompute, we value innovation, excellence, and collaboration. Our culture is one of openness, where all ideas are welcome, and everyone’s voice is heard. We believe that the best solutions are created through collaboration, and we encourage our team members to work together to solve complex problems. We also believe in supporting our team members in achieving their goals and providing opportunities for growth.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineer with excellent programming skills in Python to join our dynamic team. As a CFD Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the development and testing of our web application and Python package, ensuring their accuracy, efficiency, and reliability. Additionally, you will be responsible for creating comprehensive documentation and tutorials to support end-users and fellow team members in effectively utilizing our products.
- CFD Expertise: Demonstrate a strong understanding of Computational Fluid Dynamics principles, theories, and numerical methods. Apply this knowledge to simulate, analyze, and optimize fluid flow and heat transfer phenomena.
- Web Application Testing: Conduct thorough testing of our web application to ensure its functionality, usability, and robustness. Identify and report any issues or bugs, collaborating with the development team to implement necessary improvements.
- Python Package Development and Testing: Develop and enhance the Python package that supports our CFD simulations. Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code while conducting rigorous testing to validate its performance.
- Documentation and Tutorials: Create clear and concise technical documentation, including user guides and API references, to aid users in effectively utilizing our web app and Python package. Prepare easy-to-follow tutorials that facilitate the understanding and application of our products.
- Collaborative Development: Work closely with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and developers to ensure seamless integration of CFD solutions into our products. Collaborate on improving software infrastructure and performance.
- Research and Innovation: Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in CFD and related technologies. Propose innovative approaches and techniques to enhance our simulation capabilities and product offerings.
- Educational Background: A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field with a focus on Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- CFD Proficiency: Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of CFD methodologies, including grid generation, turbulence modeling, and numerical methods. Proven experience using industry-standard CFD software such as StarCCM+, Fluent, OpenFOAM, or COMSOL.
- Programming Skills: Proficiency in Python programming and experience with relevant libraries for scientific computing and numerical analysis, such as NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib.
- Strong familiarity with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc.).
- Experience with the “pydantic” package is a plus.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to model, simulate, and analyze complex fluid flow and heat transfer scenarios.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulousness in conducting simulations, testing, and documentation to ensure accurate and reliable results.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and convey technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Adaptability: Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment and adapt to evolving project requirements.
If you are passionate about Computational Fluid Dynamics, proficient in Python programming, and keen to contribute to cutting-edge projects, we welcome you to apply and become a valued member of our team.