BOSTON EM Application Engineer
Flexcompute is a solver technology company that specializes in ultra-fast, high-fidelity simulations. Our products are utilized by companies designing and optimizing advanced technologies, with applications ranging from eVTOLs and supersonic aircraft to metalenses and quantum computing chips. Our customer base includes both household names and startups in emerging industries. Our company was founded by world-renowned leaders in simulation technology from Stanford University and MIT. Backed by top VC firms, we are poised to disrupt the billion-dollar engineering simulation industry with our fast-growing trajectory.
At Flexcompute, we value innovation, excellence, and collaboration. You will work with and learn from world-class engineers and scientists daily. With our state-of-the-art technology, you will have the opportunity to shape how cutting-edge products are being designed by some of the world’s most innovative companies. Our culture is one of openness, where all ideas are welcome, and everyone’s voice is heard. We believe that the best solutions are created through collaboration, and we encourage our team members to work together to solve complex problems. We fuel success by championing individual aspirations and fostering continuous growth.
We are seeking a skilled EM Application Engineer to join our dynamic team. This role involves the application of EM simulation technology in designing, developing, and improving our products and solutions. The successful candidate will work closely with our customers as well as R&D and sales teams to provide technical support, develop new applications, and contribute to the product development process.
- Provide technical support and guidance to customers on the integration and use of our software products
- Develop and deliver technical presentations and training sessions for customers and internal teams
- Assist in the development of marketing materials and case studies
- Collaborate with R&D and sales teams to identify customer needs and develop new applications
- Conduct application testing and validation to ensure products meet customer requirements
- Participate in the development of product specifications and documentation
- Advanced degree in Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong problem-solving skills and a deep understanding of photonics or RF technology and applications
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Strong willingness to work with customers and in customer-facing events
- Strong programming skills in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to promote our products and support customer needs
- Hands-on experience building or contributing to EM simulation tools
- Solid experience in photonics design, either in academic or industrial settings