At Fonoa, we are transforming how digital-first companies stay tax compliant. We provide simple and modular API solutions that easily integrate into any existing workflow. Through our technology first approach, we reduce manual processes, increase compliance and reduce the cost of operations when transacting and scaling internationally.
We are solving one of the largest yet unsolved problems in global e-commerce. Our tax automation software enables companies such as Uber, Zoom, Booking.com, Squarespace and Rappi to expand their international offerings more quickly and stay tax compliant.
Fonoa is currently at a stage of rapid growth in terms of market expansion and revenue growth. Given this projection, we’re now looking to expand functions that keep our business running, involving an Accountant looking for a broad, high-impact, and early-stage opportunity within a hyper-growth, VC-backed business disrupting an industry.
As an Accountant, you will work closely with the Finance Manager, Revenue Manager, and Head of Finance to ensure accurate and timely monthly management accounts are produced. Additionally, you will ensure that balance sheet reconciliations and other reports are prepared to support financial control. You will also contribute towards producing the annual budget and quarterly financial forecasts. You will play an instrumental role in developing the finance department and its functions and supporting internal and external stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Management of all accounting operations, including A/R, A/P, and GL as well as coordination with the external accountants
- Management of procurement and purchase order procedures, ensuring that internal stakeholders and suppliers are adhering to our internal policies
- Assist in the preparation of management reports on a monthly and reports for the Board on a quarterly basis
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accurate and complete balance sheet reporting
- Prepare monthly cash flow statement and rolling forecast
- Assist in the preparation of annual statutory financial statements
- Preparation of payment runs based on the incoming invoices received from the internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Assist in monitoring and control of business performance by comparison of actual results versus budget/forecast on a continuous basis
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget & quarterly financial forecast, and cash flow forecast, which will include collecting information from internal stakeholders
- Assist in providing business analysis support following management requirement
You will be a great fit if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Are a proficient user of Google sheets/Excel and G-Suite/MS office suite
- Have experience with Oracle Netsuite or similar ERP (SAP, MS Dynamics Nav)
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
We enable companies worldwide to seamlessly handle their taxes when transacting online by providing outstanding products that automate their workflows. To build exceptional products, we are aware that we need great people. We offer a competitive base salary for this position and remain open to a specific range depending on candidates' experience. Also, we provide attractive equity to keep everyone positively incentivized.
We're a company filled with talented, energetic, and motivated people from all backgrounds who bring in their different perspectives to help us on our mission to make taxes simple. We have a distributed team in more than 20 countries worldwide and you can read more on how we live our values and what inspires us to do amazing things together: https://fonoa.co/LifeAtFonoa
In 2023, Fonoa has been ranked #5 in Sifted’s Rising 100: The ultimate B2B SaaS startup list
Sounds interesting? Please learn more reasons why you should join us.