Production Supervisor, Pilot Operations
People & HR, Operations
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2022
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for an experienced Supervisor to lead one of our multi-shift team of technicians to produce electrodes for our research and development operations. In this role, you will work as part of our Pilot Operations’ Build team to oversee one of four shifts covering our 24 hour 7 day per week manufacturing operation. You will bring a quality mindset to inspect electrodes and flag process anomalies to our process engineering team. In addition, you will possess the ability to manage all aspects of the business from the offshift; safety, quality, people, rate and cost. This workstream will be the first manufacturing team at the new PA site and will be responsible for laying a good foundation for others to follow. This is an opportunity to apply your organization, mentorship, and hands-on training experience to enable a lean manufacturing environment and help Form Energy tackle climate change.
Currently we are hiring for our 12 hour night shift. 7pm-7:15am, working every other weekend on a 2-2-3 schedule.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of 15-20 process technicians across one of our multi-shift operations to ensure consistent coverage over the electrode production process
- Coordinate with our process engineering team to develop, train and mentor your team in line with the latest process advancements
- Continuously improve existing materials preparation and production processes to support ramping throughput
- Facilitate shift transitions by leading process handoff sessions between shift overlaps
- Recommend, as well as lead, in the installation and assembly of new equipment or tools
- Be a culture champion that creates a uniform employee experience across all shift schedules
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years working in a leadership role within a manufacturing or R&D environment
- Familiarity with materials handling and general lab practices
- Strong sense of patience and safety in a fast paced environment
- Comfort using digital tools and ticketing systems
- Ability to see the big picture; manage opportunities that could impact your success
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?