Staff Electrical Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 1, 2022
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a highly driven electrical engineer to lead the electrical engineering discipline for our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity to start from a blank slate and use first principles fundamentals to design the FormFactory electrical infrastructure needed to achieve the most advanced high volume battery manufacturing in the world.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Relocation assistance provided.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the electrical engineering discipline, including managing internal & external electrical engineering consultants.
- Responsible for developing electrical design packages for permitting and construction.
- Engineer of Record (EOR) for some projects (if licensed).
- Review and develop designs that are cost effective, constructible, code compliant while meeting From Energy’s quality and schedule requirements.
- Prepare IFP/IFC electrical deliverables (single line diagram, panel schedule, grounding drawing, underground conduit drawing, power plan, lighting layout) using REVIT MEP.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including Design Managers, Manufacturing reps, and other stakeholders.
- Technical bid evaluation, review vendor proposals and project specific vendor drawings
- Run photometric studies using lighting design software.
- You will be working from the factory site in Weirton, WV and will participate in field construction and commissioning activities.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of electrical engineering experience in large commercial and industrial infrastructure (e.g., manufacturing, data centers, hospitals, etc.). Proven experience in electrical distribution design, including 480V and below.
- Electrical professional engineer (P.E.) license or the ability to receive it.
- Skilled in detailed design of Medium Voltage and Low Voltage power distribution equipment including switchgear, substations, and circuit breaker.
- Experience in EPC Environment (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) leading engineering discipline(s).
- Direct experience in the preparation of electrical permit drawings and engineering specifications.
- Ability to prepare and complete electrical deliverables using REVIT MEP.
- Deep knowledge of local and national technical and safety standards and codes (NEC, NETA, IEEE, NFPA, OSHA).
- Proficiency reviewing and responding to field construction changes (RFIs).
- Exceptional drive, sense of ownership and resourcefulness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?