Staff Program Manager, Advanced Manufacturing
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
This important role will report into the Manufacturing Technical Program Management team and will support our growing Advanced Manufacturing group in the development and production ramping of innovative hardware products. We are looking for an experienced program manager to help manage product assembly and automation development programs for Form’s Iron Air product. This role will sit in our Pittsburgh,PA location with travel as needed.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Advanced Manufacturing teams in building and executing programs and projects that design our assembly process and equipment from Cell through Final Assembly
- Contribute to program management principles for manufacturing engineering and how they connect to our product development process
- Generate manufacturing development schedules and execution plans indicating critical path and key decision milestones
- Work with team members to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- Prepare and lead cross-functional reviews to escalate issues and enable program execution
- Facilitate communication and cross functional alignment within the Advanced Manufacturing organization and with other Form Energy teams
- Lead meetings and document action items and progress. Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks
- Hold team members accountable for meeting schedule commitments
- Work with critical vendors to ensure that an integrated product is delivered in the timeframe required
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in equipment design, process development, engineering, and/or program management
- Extreme accountability and ownership when it comes to project execution; ability to roll up your sleeves and fill the gaps where necessary
- Understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes, pilot-scale development and R+D processes
- Strong supplier management experience; experience with engineering development vendor management
- Excellent planning, collaboration, and facilitation skills to manage complex cross-functional projects and take ambiguous assignments to completion
- Experience presenting to executive level management on program status, recommendations, and priorities
- A blend of business and technical knowledge allowing for big-picture vision and the ability to dive deep into specific challenges
- An ability to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Ability to influence and thrive within a rapidly changing / growing organization
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- BS or MS degree in an engineering or manufacturing discipline
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?