Manager, Manufacturing Finance
Accounting & Finance
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
As a critical member of the Finance team, your responsibility is to help plan and execute against the steep ramp in our manufacturing capacity from R&D through GW-scale. In this endeavor, you will partner closely with the Manufacturing Operations and Advanced Manufacturing teams to form detailed plans for each manufacturing line, enabling changes in design & advances in automation. You will develop high-fidelity capex budgets and labor & overhead cost estimates, and influence key decisions to accelerate Form’s capacity to deploy multi-day storage.
This role requires experience in hardware manufacturing, deep technical knowledge in manufacturing finance, and the perseverance needed to navigate the challenges that come with starting from scratch. Success will be measured by Form’s ability to deliver the multi-day storage capacity necessary to reduce emissions on the targeted timeline.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Develop high-fidelity equipment capex budgets that align with manufacturing processes and hardware design. Help drive equipment design decisions that will maximize return on capital and minimize assembly cost.
- Partner with Manufacturing Operations & Advanced Manufacturing teams to project detailed labor & overhead cost-down pathways. Lead manufacturing headcount planning efforts and partner with HR teams to execute on hiring ramp.
- Perform in-depth analysis and provide insights on manufacturing capex and labor & overhead costs, to help inform Form’s manufacturing roadmap (ex. make vs. buy and hardware design considerations).
- Partner with Manufacturing Operations, Accounting, & Software teams to identify key data integrations between MES & ERP necessary to facilitate accurate labor cost recognition, inventory tracking, and fixed assets recording.
- Identify & track against key KPIs to measure financial and operational performance of each manufacturing line & process.
What You'll Bring:
- 7-10 years of experience in finance, 5+ years in scaled industrial manufacturing, preferably with some experience with R&D-scale production as well.
- Deep passion, enthusiasm, and commitment for tackling climate change.
- Demonstrated skill in partnering across teams. Ability to distill large amounts of data into insights necessary to drive decision making.
- Comfort with uncertainty, desire to do what it takes to enable manufacturing teams, and creativity amidst challenges.
- Expert-level Excel skills, and preferably experience with Oracle.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?