Senior Technical Architect
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
A Professional Services Technical Architect works closely with salespeople (especially engagement managers) to define custom professional services projects during pre-sale and takes successful deals into delivery, where they are responsible for technical oversight and becoming an embedded trusted advisor within the client.
- Articulate the benefits of a GitLab DevSecOps transformation project to prospective clients, working directly with Engagement Managers and the sales team
- Provide support to PS Engagement Managers during the scoping and creation of the customer statement of work (SOW)
- Lead technical discovery sessions with customers, partners and GitLab PSEs to understand their business goals, technical constraints and requirements
- Provide technical expertise and consultative advice during the planning stages of a customer engagement
- Own the design, development, implementation, and support of GitLab-related Professional Services engagements
- Coordinate and oversee functional implementation activities for internal and partner consultants, developers, and customer points of contact (POC) on large-scale enterprise projects
- Provide technical leadership to the Professional Service Engineering team during the delivery of services engagements
- Ensure that the deliverable accurately meets the defined expectations of the customer, ensuring that proper testing is implemented and performance requirements are closely monitored by working with the customer
- Work closely with the customer project team (specifically the Project Manager) to ensure accurate task-level articulation of the work required
- Mentor PS and partner consultants to provide guidance regarding ‘Best Practices,’ communication, and implementation strategies; provide input to PS training materials and presentations and other collateral in the form of documentation and delivery kits
- Develop case studies, presentations, design documentation, best-practice methodologies and internal process development
- Liaise with and support other functional groups within GitLab – including (but not limited to) training, development, support, product, engineering
- Stay up to date on new features, and fixes within the monthly GitLab product releases and disseminate key information to the PSE team
- Hold enablement sessions for PS or other team members to learn how to use or how to sell particular service offerings
- Assist Regional Delivery Managers with
- Technical Vetting of Partner Consultants
- New hire candidates
- SOW staffing assessments
- Demonstrated progressive leadership in the full life-cycle of the software development environment
- Demonstrated progressive experience delivering two or more of the following consulting services
- SCM migration
- Cloud Architecture
- CI/CD consulting services
- Fluent in speaking German
- Demonstrated progressive enterprise-level software development experience
- Demonstrated progressive DevOps Platform experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence internal team members, customers and partners
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making abilities with effective organizational and time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
- Capability to apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other advanced technical degree, or equivalent experience
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?